Following its noble cause and efforts, Nishkam undertook the effort to set up a reading room-cum-library to: –
- Enable the residents particularly the senior citizens to sit comfortably and read newspapers, magazines and books, which otherwise they could not access owing to economic conditions and various other reasons.
- Inculcate reading habit in residents of Tilak Vihar and nearby areas.
- Provide quiet and peaceful study atmosphere to students of Tilak Vihar and nearby areas, who otherwise do not have space and infrastructure in small flats/homes.
- Enable students to concentrate on their studies without any disturbance whatsoever;
- Have access to computers and the internet, which otherwise are not available to them.
Salient Features of our Delhi Reading Room and Library
- Provision of seating space for more than 100 students.
- Each student to have independent with partitions to provide a proper study environment for them.
- Facilities of computers and internet access to enable them to enable them online classes and video lectures.
- Services provided at a very nominal charge to inculcate discipline and avoid misuse of the facilities.
Nishkam, with support of its donors, is constantly improving the facilities and takes pride in offering this infrastructure to students, which will enable them to come up in life.